The University of Connecticut Lady Huskies fell to the Notre Dame Fighting Irish for the second consecutive season in the NCAA Tournament semifinal, 81-76, in Tampa Bay.
Things to know about Friday's game...
1) With one minute left to play, the Huskies were down just one point. And though they got some good looks at taking the lead, it was Brianna Turner for the Irish that came up with big blocks to keep Notre Dame's lead. She is Notre Dame's blocks leader in team history, and it came up big tonight. She also had 15 points and 14 rebounds.
2) Katie Lou Samuelson played her final game in a UConn uniform, and she dropped 20 points with six assists and two rebounds as well. All of those points came in the second half.
3) Napheesa Collier had 15 points and 15 boards for a double-double for the Huskies.
4) Arike Ogunbowale, who hit the game-winner against UConn at the buzzer last season to move onto the National Championship, was once again lights out for ND. She had a game-high 23 points with one assists and six rebounds. She iced UConn with free throws late in this one.
5) Megan Walker and Christyn Williams finished with 14 and 19 points respectively for the Huskies.