- Jake Long LT - It's doubtful that the Giants would be able to clear enough cap to sign Jake Long to a contract but there are ways to manipulate cap that are beyond my grasp. The Giants #1 priority should be offensive line and a bookend Left Tackle to protect Eli Manning would give him a weapon more valuable than any wide receiver or running back.
- Leodis McKelvin CB - McKelvin fell out of favor with the Bills and was down graded to punt return and kick return specialist. McKelvin was at his best under Perry Fewell and coudl provide the Giants with added depth in the secondary.
- Brandon Albert RT - Albert's time in KC can be coming to an end if the team decides to take Luke Joeckel. Albert has said that he isn't willing to move to guard and that he is a Right Tackle. The Giants could use a tackle of his caliber on the right side and still pursue a young Left Tackle early in the draft.
- Dustin Keller TE - Keller will probably not make it far into free agency and the Jets shouldn't let him. Keller is the primary weapon on that offense and he deserves to be paid as such. If he does reach the open market the Giants could offer him a stable QB situation, which he's never had, and the ability to remain in NYC.
- Alan Branch DT - The Giants have a few young defensive tackles that must step up this year but a veteran like Branch would improve the unit greatly. He was the primary run stopper for the Seahawks this season and his pocket pressure on passing downs opened things up for their pass rushers.
- Jared Cook TE - Cook was the best kept secret in the NFL at times last season. His ability to stretch defenses vertically really opened up the Titans offense. He is a dependable target that could be paired with Bennett, if he returns, to form a formidable TE tandem.
- Jeremy Trueblood RT - Trueblood is the most logical pick up for the Giants in free agency. He has experience, he'd come in at a reasonable price, and he shares Coach Coughlin's Boston College ties. Trueblood would compete with the current lineman on the squad and be a leader for any young lineman drafted.
unrestricted free agents
This is major news, and it appears the talks are progressing. ?If true, there will be a massive unrestricted free agent group once the negotiations are concluded, including several key Giants players such as Steve Smith, Ahmad Bradshaw and Barry Cofield.