The best-case scenario for the Giants in Week Six was to exit Philadephia with a victory and have the Cowboys fall flat in Seattle. That would have created a three-way tie between the teams for the division lead at 4-2.?But, as fate would have it, the Giants were the ones who fell flat, while the Eagles and Cowboys both advanced to 5-1.
- Eli Manning and the Giants being more conservative on this drive. Working the running game and quick slants on the first few plays.
- Eli Manning finds Cruz on third down, seems like teams would begin to see a pattern.
Tags: 2012 New York Giants, Eli Manning, New York Giants, NFL Week 7, Robert Griffi, Washington Redskins, week 7
WR - Victor Cruz
Tags: 2012, 2012 New York Giants, alfred morris, cowboys, demarco murray, eagles, Eli Manning, Fantasy, Fantasy Football, football, Fred Davis, Hakeem Nicks, Jason Witten, martellus bennett, New York Giants, pierre garcon, Editorial Aside, redskins, Robert Griffin III, Victor Cruz, week 7
Two NFC East rivals will meet at MetLife Stadium on Sunday. Both teams are coming off impressive Week 6 wins.
The Redskins knocked off the Minnesota Vikings 38-26 behind rookie quarterback Robert Griffin III. The No. 2 overall selection in the 2012 NFL Draft rushed for 138 yards and two touchdowns, becoming the first rookie QB to rush for at least 100 yards and two touchdowns in the Super Bowl era. With Washington clinging to a five-point lead and facing a third-and-six with less than three minutes remaining, Griffin sealed the victory with a 76-yard touchdown run.
Bears, Bucs Playing in London
The NFL International Series returns to London?s Wembley Stadium this Sunday when the Chicago Bears face the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
Tags: New York Giants, New York Giants News, NFL, NFL News, NFL Week 7
2. Saints (4-2) - Yeah, they have two losses while teams below them have one, but I still believe the Saints are a step above the 49ers and Lions. It took a freak occurrence (Brees' 3 INTs) for the Bucs to hang on at home.
3. 49ers (5-1) - Their upside is curbed by their mediocre QB, but beating the Lions in Detroit is impressive. I'd probably still pick the Lions in a rematch, but I have to give the 49ers their due.
Tags: New York Giants, NFC, power rankings, week 7
The Cowboys are 1-4 and dead last in the NFC East. Nothing they do tonight, a game vs. the New York Giants at Cowboys Stadium, will change their place in the standings. But a win over the Giants could be the start of something.
Five of the next six games on the schedule are against the NFC with two division games. Dallas has to win at least four of these conference games and at worst split the division games to have any chance to reach the postseason.
Tags: Dallas Cowboys, New York Giants, NFL Week 7
The football gods are not that benevolent, it seems. Jones' latest version of America's Team is sitting at the bottom of the NFC East right now at 1-4. Their pulse is weak and their breaths are sporadic. They will not get much help tonight from the visiting Giants, who have been nearly dominant the past three weeks.
Tonight, in front of an international TV audience, the Cowboys would make their earliest exit from postseason contention in recent memory with a loss. The Giants, on the other hand, could take control of the division with a victory.
Tags: Dallas Cowboys, Giants-Cowboys, Monday Night Football, New York Giants, New York Giants News, NFC East, NFL, NFL Week 7
- In 1990, the playoffs expanded to the current six-team-per-conference system. Since then, only five of the 97 teams that started 1-4 made the playoffs. No team has gone 1-5 and made the playoffs. The Cowboys have started the season 1-4.
- Dallas is 0-2 at home. The Cowboys haven't started the season 0-3 at home since 1989, the year they finished 1-15 after Jerry Jones and Jimmy Johnson took over.
Tags: Dallas Cowboys, New York Giants, NFL Week 7
Why do Jacobs and Bradshaw complement each other so well?
Their styles are different. One is a quicker, more darting, whirling dervish kind of a guy. The other guy is just best when he's running one cut, north-south, and when he's palming people and he's been doing that, so they've complimented each other well. Knock on wood it will keep going.
Tags: Giants Offense, Kevin Gilbride, New York Giants, New York Giants News, NFL Week 7, Transcripts
This Monday, 4-2 New York Giants travel down to Dallas to face the 1-4 Cowboys in a game that is being called a "must-win" for the home team.
Place: Cowboys Stadium Surface: Sportfield Softop Kickoff: 8:30pm ET
Tags: Dallas Cowboys, Giants-Cowboys, New York Giants, New York Giants Blogs, New York Giants News, NFC East, NFL, NFL Week 7
NFC Picture Getting Clearer, Still No Elite Team1. Giants (4-2) - Not a pretty win against the Lions, but they got the job done and have now won 3 in a row. ?Consider the top 3 teams 1A, 1B and 1C.
2. Saints (4-2) - The champs rolled over the Bucs and finally hit on all?cylinders.
3. Eagles (4-2) - After beating last week's #1 team, you could argue the Eagles should be in the #1 spot. ?Kevin Kolb had a very encouraging game.