Many Yankee fans were wondering why Clint Frazier has been in Triple-A all this time. He's even commented about it, saying "It's crazy that I'm not in the big leagues," back at the beginning of August.
Well, it won't be for much longer.
According to MLB.com's Bryan Hoch, manager Aaron Boone said Frazier will make his way back to the Bronx as a September call-up.
With the Yankees' plethora of injuries -- especially to their outfielders -- to start the season, Frazier was quickly recalled from Triple-A to come in as a reinforcement. And he made the best of that time with a .283/.330/.513 slash line, 11 homers, 11 doubles, and 34 RBI over 53 games.
But, despite Frazier doing well at the plate, his defense was rough as a fly ball to him in right or left field was always an adventure. He was working hard in between games to figure out what was going wrong, but the struggles continued. And the media was quick to criticize him for it.
It was in that criticism that Frazier didn't rub the Yankees the right way. He ignored the media following a rough outing against the Red Sox in the Bronx, and then said he didn't have to talk to anyone. GM Brian Cashman admitted he didn't like how Frazier went about that situation, but did commend him for continuing his success at the plate during that time.
Whether or not that contributed to him being sent down when players began to get healthy again is unknown, but Frazier has been in the minors since he was optioned after the June 16 game against the White Sox.
In Triple-A this season, his hitting .243/.300/.426 with seven homers and 23 RBI over 57 games. But he'll have a chance to improve his big league numbers over the last month of the season.