Chase Headley hit a three-run homer in the first and six Yankees pitchers led by starter Chad Green held the Phillies scoreless in a 5-0 victory in Clearwater. >>Box score
- Headley hit his homer off former Red Sox pitcher Clay Buchholz. Headley is 4-for-12 with two doubles and one home run in his regular-season career against Buchholz.
- Buchholz allowed four hits, three runs, one walk and struck out six in 3 1/3 innings. He has allowed seven runs in 8 1/3 innings this spring
- Aaron Judge hit a solo homer for the Yankees, who had six hits to the Phillies' nine.
- Greg Bird was 2-for-3 with a double.
- Green allowed two hits and three walks in two innings.
- Chance Adams struck out the side in his one inning of work.
- The Phillies loaded the bases three times, but were 0-for-13 with runners in scoring position.
Masahiro Tanaka will make his third start of the spring on Saturday as the Yankees host the Tigers at 1:05 p.m. in Tampa.