The Yankees beat the Phillies, 3-1, on Wednesday night in Tampa. >> Box score
- Michael Pineda was dominant for five hitless innings, striking out eight hitters while walking none.
- Greg Bird hit his fourth homer of the spring, a solo shot in the second inning. He finished the day 2-for-3.
- Gary Sanchez drove in a run an inning later with a single, which was one of his two hits on the day.
- Coming out of the bullpen, Aroldis Chapman pitched a scoreless frame and struck out two.
- Chad Green pitched three innings, struck out three and allowed one run.
The Yankees head to Dunedin to take on the Blue Jays at 1:07 p.m. on Thursday.