Masahiro Tanaka struck out six batters in five innings and ended the Grapefruit League with a 0.38 ERA as the New York Yankees lost to the Detroit Tigers, 6-3, Tuesday at George M. Steinbrenner Field.
- Tanaka allowed two runs (one earned) and three hits in five innings. He allowed an RBI double to Alex Presley in the first inning, and Presley scored on a Gary Sanchez throwing error following an Alex Avila walk.
- Dellin Betances gave up a two-run home run to Justin Upton in the sixth inning.
- Aaron Judge hit a solo home run off the batter's eye in center field in the seventh inning.
- The Yankees' 3 through 8 starters went 1-for-15.
- Ernesto Frieri gave up a two-run home run to Steven Moya in the eighth inning that turned a one-run game into a three-run deficit.
Jordan Montgomery and the Yankees face J.A. Happ and the Toronto Blue Jays on Wednesday at 1:07 p.m. ET at Florida Auto Exchange Stadium in Dunedin, Florida.