As the Yankees deal with an injured list as long as a CVS receipt, any shred of good news is welcome.
So there is a glimmer of optimism regarding Giancarlo Stanton, who went on the injured list on April 1 with a biceps strain. After hitting off a tee and soft toss on Saturday for the second time, Stanton said, "I think I'm on track."
"Didn't take 100 percent swings, but I took good progress swings," Stanton said Saturday, according to the Daily News.
Stanton didn't swing at 100 percent because he doesn't want to suffer a setback. "It's a process," he said.
Stanton is one of 11 Yankees on the injured list. There was a time last year when Stanton was trying to fight through a hamstring problem while the team dealt with a bunch of injures.
"We went through this last year and I really enjoyed the grind of trying to stay out there during those hard times," Stanton said told the Daily News. "But now I'm on the opposite side of that. So I just have to support (my teammates) and do my best to get back."