Yankees manager Joe Girardi spoke with the media Tuesday in Tampa. Here's what we learned...
- RHP Masahiro Tanaka will get the start on Opening Day.
- The plan is to use Matt Holiday primarily as a designated hitter.
- RHP Adam Warren will start games during Spring Training and have a chance to win a spot in the rotation.
- Girardi would like to return and manage the Yankees beyond this season.
- Chris Carter's role isn't yet determined and will "get ironed out as the season goes along."
- Despite the Yankees' youth movement, expectations of contending this season have not changed.
- There are more questions in the starting rotation than in the past, but he feels good about it.
- He hasn't yet decided how the top of the starting lineup will shake out.