Yankees outfielder Aaron Judge has started throwing but has not yet swung a bat after he suffered a fracture in his right wrist a week and a half ago, according to YES Network's Meredith Marakovits.
Judge, who has been out since leaving a Yankees-Royals game July 26 when he was hit by a pitch, has continued to receive treatment, however Judge said he still feels pain and did not stick with the Yankees' initial timeframe of a three-week return, according to NJ Advance Media's Brendan Kuty.
Manager Aaron Boone previously said it would be about three weeks for Judge to swing a bat in a game situation, be it in a rehab assignment or in an MLB game, and called it a "realistic" timeframe.
The Yankees are 3-5 in Judge's absence and have lost four straight games to fall 8 1/2 games back of the Red Sox in the AL East race.
"It's just killing me," Judge said, according to MLB writer Bob Klapisch, about being on the disabled list.
Doctors did not recommend Judge undergo surgery once the Yankees announced he would be on the DL, and in the days after his diagnosis, he had been using a soft cast to prevent swelling.
Boone said two days ago, according to ESPN's Coley Harvey, that Judge could take some dry swings and some swings off a tee once the Yankees head to Chicago to face the White Sox. In the meantime, he has been doing agility drills at Fenway Park.
The 26-year-old Judge was hitting .285 with 26 home runs and 61 RBIs in 99 games prior to going on the DL. When he does return, he said he would wear a shield, according to Kuty.