While all of baseball was, and still is, following where Manny Machado may sign, the links of him to the Yankees most directly impacted Miguel Andujar.
Yet the Yankees third baseman has managed to stay positive all winter.
While Machado remains unsigned, it appears -- for now -- that the Yankees will enter Spring Training with Andujar as their starting third baseman and the 23-year-old was never anxious about the Yankees possibly signing the four-time All-Star infielder.
"No. Not at all," he said Tuesday at the Thurman Munson Dinner in Midtown, per Brendan Kuty of NJ.com. "I've always stayed positive. If he would have signed with the Yankees, even better."
Machado met with the Yankees brass and dined with them back in December, but the team never officially offered him a deal.
They then signed Troy Tulowitzki and DJ LeMahieu, which signaled that they were no longer aggressively pursuing Machado.
There was speculation that Andujar could move to first base if the Yankees were to acquire Machado, but Andujar said he has not worked out at first base all winter.
Andujar was the American League Rookie of the Year last year, hitting 27 home runs, 92 RBI and franchise rookie record 47 doubles.