The Yankees bounced back to beat the Indians 3-2 on Friday night at Yankee Stadium. >> Box Score
Five takeaways from Friday's game...
1) Masahiro Tanaka's night was going relatively smooth until the righty allowed his second home run of the game when Yasiel Puig blasted a solo shot in the top of the seventh inning. Tanaka finished the game with two earned runs, four hits, and two strikeouts over 6.1 innings. Thanks to the bullpen work of Tommy Kahnle, Zack Britton and Aroldis Chapman, Tanaka was able to get his ninth win of the season.
2) Designated hitter Gio Urshela went 3-for-4 from the plate, bringing his season total for three-plus-hit games to 12 games.
3) Brett Gardner made a clutch catch in the top of the eighth inning with a runner on second base in a 3-2 game. Gardner also went 1-for-4 from the plate with a double.
4) Aaron Judge may be struggling recently, but the right fielder went 2-for-3 with a double and a walk. He now has 11 doubles in 248 at-bats this season, compared to 22 doubles over 413 at-bats last season.
5) Indians third baseman Jose Ramirez hit a solo home run in the second inning, bringing his season total to 20 home runs. Since July 4, he has 43 RBI's, which leads the majors in that time frame. This will be the third straight season that Ramirez has hit at least 20 homers... he had a career-high 39 home runs last season.
The Yankees send LHP James Paxton (8-6 overall, 4.40 ERA) to the mound on Saturday afternoon against the Indians' Zach Plesac (6-3 overall, 3.27 ERA). First pitch is slated for 1:05 p.m at Yankee Stadium.