The Yankees lost to the Washington Nationals 5-3 in their final spring training game of the year on Monday at Nationals Park. >> Box score
Things to know about Monday's game
1) Troy Tulowitzki hit a solo homer and Greg Bird hit an RBI double for the Yankees, who finished the spring 15-9.
2) Stephen Tarpley allowed two runs and two hits in 1 1/3 innings, while Tommy Kahnle gave up two runs, three hits and one walk in 2/3 of an inning. Adam Ottavino struck out two batters in one scoreless inning.
3) Miguel Andujar was hit in the pec with a pitch but manager Aaron Boone said he would be OK.
4) Aaron Judge went 0-for-1, finishing the spring with a .316/.447/.947 batting line. Luke Voit went 0-for-2 to end the Grapefruit League with a .289/.365/.578 line. Bird's batting line was .333/.500/.643.
5) Tulowitzki's home run off Anibal Sanchez in the third inning cut the Yankees' deficit to 2-1 after Anthony Rendon hit a first-inning two-run homer for the Nationals. But Kahnle allowed two runs in the bottom of the fourth to make it a 4-1 game.
That makes it 4 homers for Tulo this Spring. pic.twitter.com/3NaeC2IURD- New York Yankees (@Yankees) March 25, 2019
Masahiro Tanaka and the Yankees open the regular season on Thursday at 1 p.m. against the Baltimore Orioles at Yankee Stadium.