The Yankees dropped their second straight game on Monday in an 8-6 loss to the Twins at Target Field. >> Box score
Five takeaways from Monday's game...
1) CC Sabathia's performance could be one that pushes the Yankees to make a pitching move sooner than later as the trade deadline quickly approaches. Sabathia coughed up four home runs, the first two putting the Yanks in a quick 2-0 hole. Sabathia's season ERA climbed to 4.50 after the six earned runs allowed in just 4.0 innings.
2) DJ LeMahieu notched yet another three-hit game, including his 15th home run of the season, which matches his career-high. LeMahieu continues to be the Yankees' best player and, frankly, it isn't close.
3) Mike Tauchman is blistering hot, recording three hits, while scoring two runs and driving in another. Tauchman has 12 hits in his last 23 at-bats, which has boosted his average from .208 to .264.
4) Gio Urshela pushed his batting average back up to .300 with a home run and a double. As some wait for Urshela to slow down, he continues to provide plenty of production at the bottom of the lineup.
5) Luke Voit's power stroke is returning as the Yanks' first baseman went yard for the second time in five days. Unfortunately, Voit's homers have been among just five hits in his last 28 at-bats.
We can play this game. pic.twitter.com/rJCP7reeJD- New York Yankees (@Yankees) July 23, 2019
The Yankees and Twins return to action on Tuesday when Domingo German (12-2, 3.38 ERA) takes the mound for the Bombers while Minnesota will start Kyle Gibson (9-4, 4.02 ERA)