With a split-squad team, the Yankees handled their division rival in the Orioles in a 6-1 victory on the road Saturday night. >> Box Score
Five things to know about Saturday's game...
1) Luis Cessa saw another successful outing on the mound, as he didn't allow a run and only one hit over four innings of work. He also had four strikeouts as he makes his bid for the 25-man roster.
2) It was a disappointing day for Clint Frazier at the plate, as he found every way to get out. In four plate appearances, he struck out, popped out, grounded out, and finally, hit into a double play in his final at-bat of the night. With the 0-for-4 performance, Frazier's spring average is now .136.
3) Gary Sanchez had a productive night, going 1-for-2 with two RBI on the night. He is still only hitting .154 this spring.
4) With Luke Voit getting the night off, Greg Bird went 1-for-3 with an RBI to see his average move to .381.
5) One of the Yankees top pitching prospects in Albert Abreu got himself into some trouble, but he managed to leave his 1.1 innings of work unscathed. Abreu walked three batters and gave up two hits while striking out one on the night.
The Yankees return to Tampa to take on the Pirates at 1:05 p.m. on Sunday.