Gleyber Torres crushed a three-run homer in the first to put the Yankees up early, but the Blue Jays stymied them after that in a 7-3 loss for the Bombers on Saturday afternoon in Tampa. >> Box Score
Things to know about Saturday's game...
1) Torres' homer was a line drive shot to left-center field where Giancarlo Stanton and Miguel Andujar scored. He went 1-for-2 with the three RBI and run scored on the day.
2) Masahiro Tanaka got a quick two-inning warmup before his Opening Day start on Thursday. It was a solid one with only one hit allowed, no runs, and three strikeouts to no walks.
3) Gio Gonzalez made his first Spring Training appearance for the pinstripes, and he definitely wants a re-do. In two innings, he allowed five runs (four earned), on four hits (one homer) and two walks. It wasn't the debut he had hoped for, and the Yankees may think about keepig him down in Triple-A to get him more reps before making the big club.
4) Stanton and Aaron Judge both went hitless in this one, while Andujar notched his third double of the spring in a 1-for-2 performance.
5) Aroldis Chapman didn't look as sharp as he normally does, lasting only one-third of an inning after a hit and two walks. Chad Green, though, saved him by allowing just one hit over 1.2 innings with two strikeouts as well.
The Yankees play their penultimate Spring Training game against the Twins on Sunday at 1:05 p.m.