The Yankees scored six runs in the eighth inning in their 7-4 win over the Pirates on Saturday. >> Box score
5 things to know from Saturday's game...
1) Jonathan Loaisiga allowed his first runs this spring: a two-run homer to former Yankee John Ryan Murphy in the second inning. Loaisiga allowed two runs on two hits and walked none while striking out two in his 2.0 innings of work. He has a 2.57 ERA this spring (two earned runs in seven innings). He also has 11 strikeouts this spring, good for a 14.1 K/9.
2) Miguel Andujar started in left field for the fifth time this spring and played seven innings defensively. In his other three spring training games, he has played third base twice and first base just once. With injuries to Giancarlo Stanton, Aaron Judge, and Aaron Hicks, Andujar is in the mix for an Opening Day starting job. While he hasn't made an error in six total chances, he went 0-3 with a walk at the plate, and is now slashing .217/.308/.435 this spring.
3) Brandon Lockridge cleared the bases with a one-out triple in the eighth inning to give the Yankees a 4-3 lead. Lockridge is now 3-for-7 (.429) this spring.
4) Mike Ford had two doubles against the Pirates - three of his five hits this spring have gone for extra bases.
5) Mike Tauchman went 0-4 with a strikeout, and his average dropped to .067 this spring. With the injuries in the outfield, Tauchman is slated to start on Opening Day.
The Yankees will be back in Tampa tomorrow to face the Atlanta Braves at 1:05 p.m., with Masahiro Tanaka toeing the rubber.