The Yankees started off their series against the Blue Jays on the right foot, collecting a 12-6 win on Thursday night in Toronto. >> Box Score
Five takeaways from Thursday's game...
1) Gio Urshela can't be stopped. The infielder continues to crush the baseball, launching not one but two two-run homers in his first two at-bats of the night. He finished his night 3-for-5 with four RBI and moved his batting average to .323, as he continues to be one of the best storylines of the season thus far.
2) Domingo German lasted five innings against the Jays, allowing four runs (three earned) on eight hits while striking out three and walking one. His ERA moved to 4.05 on the season.
3) Cameron Maybin is another Yankee replacement that won't stop hitting. He went 3-for-5 with two double, an RBI and two runs scored as his average moved to .335 on the year.
4) Mike Tauchman belted another homer for a two-RBI slam. In the top of the ninth, he also collected a two-RBI single to give him a 2-for-5 night with four RBI and a run scored.
5) The Yankees moved their lengthy win streak to nine games after this win.
The Yankees continues their series against the Jays on Friday at 7:07 p.m. J.A. Happ gets the ball against his former team with Sean Reid-Foley going for Toronto.