With MLB cancelling all spring training games starting at 4 p.m. EST on Thursday, the Yankees managed to come away with a win in one last contest, defeating the Nationals, 6-3, on the road. >> Box score
5 things to know from Thursday's game...
1) Jonathan Loaisiga is fighting for a roster spot and he had a solid start in this one. Going three innings, his only blunder was a solo homer to Victor Robles in the bottom of the third. That was the only hit he allowed, while striking out three and walking one over that span. He has a 2.70 ERA this spring.
2) David Hale had a bounce-back performance, pitching three scoreless innings, allowing just one hit and striking out one.
3) Clint Frazier continues to have a solid spring at the plate, going 1-for-2 with a double and run scored. He's hitting .320 with a 1.055 OPS.
4) Tyler Wade needed his 2-for-2 performance today that also saw two RBI come his way on a two-run homer. He's still only hitting .133 this spring, and won't really get the chance to have that rise now with MLB cancelling all spring games.
5) Chris Iannetta is making it hard on Kyle Higashioka to win the backup catcher role, as his 1-for-2 day now makes him a .400 hitter.
Spring training is done for now, as the Yankees will now be without any games on the schedule due to coronavirus concerns. Team workouts will likely still go on down in Tampa, but New York will simply wait for more word to develop as the situation continues to form.