The Yankees beat the Rays, 6-3, at Yankee Stadium. >> Box score
Six takeaways from Tuesday's game
1) J.A. Happ managed to navigate five innings after enduring a rain delay of nearly one and a half hours. Happ allowed two runs on seven hits, while striking out three batters and walking zero batters to move to 7-3 on the season.
2) The Yankees scored three runs in the fifth inning using five singles. The Yanks eventually extended the club's consecutive home run streak to 21 games, but this season's club makes better contact as a whole and has shown the ability to put rallies together without the long ball.
3) DJ LeMahieu drove in yet another run, his 35th with runners in scoring position, upping his average in the situation to .468 (29-for-62). LeMahieu has 44 RBIs on the season.
4) Cameron Maybin has now homered in four straight games and collected a total of three hits in the game. Maybin is hitting .315 in 124 plate appearances for the Yanks and the made yet another case for keeping him on the roster whenever the club is ready to activate Aaron Judge from the injured list.
5) Giancarlo Stanton's first game back in the lineup since March 31 did not produce much as the Yanks slugger went 0-for-4 with two strikeouts. Stanton, who will be playing in the field more with Edwin Encarnacion aboard, was in right field warming up the spot for Judge and he made a fine running play to catch a foul ball.
6) Encarnacion went hitless in his first seven at-bats as a Yankee, but delivered an insurance run with a solo homer over the right field fence. Encarnacion is primed to visit those seats often as the summer wears on.
Nice little rally, and we've got the lead back 🙌 pic.twitter.com/hR5eUQY4zx- New York Yankees (@Yankees) June 19, 2019
Gonna party like we just hit 21 (in-a-row). pic.twitter.com/CIHUDTRTQJ- New York Yankees (@Yankees) June 19, 2019
CC Sabathia (3-4, 4.42 ERA) faces off with Tampa's Blake Snell (4-5, 3.70 ERA) in the finale of the three-game set. First pitch from Yankee Stadium is set for 1:05 p.m. on Wednesday.