The Yankees got off to a hot start and never looked back, as they took down the Red Sox, 9-1, in Tampa on Tuesday. >> Box score
5 things to know from Tuesday's game...
1) Masahiro Tanaka went three innings in his latest start, and he was perfect by not allowing a hit or a walk. He also struck out five batters. The Yankees love to see that from their now-No. 2 starter with Luis Severino and James Paxton out.
2) Gio Urshela mashed his first homer of the spring, a shot to the deepest part of the park in center field. Urshela has been doing well in camp with a .308 average after this performance that saw him account for two runs scored as well.
3) DJ LeMahieu continues to rake, going 2-for-3 with two RBI and a run scored. He's hitting .313 now.
4) Top prospect RHP Clarke Schmidt allowed his first run on the mound this spring, as he let up a solo homer to Rafael Devers in the top of the fourth. That was his only blunder, though, over his two-inning appearance.
5) Adam Ottavino, Zack Britton, and Jonathan Loaisiga each had perfect outings on the bump. Loaisiga, in particular, struck out the side in the top of the eighth and collected another strikeout to finish the game in the top of the ninth.
The Yankees take on the Phillies on Wednesday at 6:35 p.m. in Tampa.