The Yankees dropped their third game in a row with a 6-4 loss to the Athletics on Wednesday night. >> Box Score
Five takeaways from Wednesday's game...
1) J.A. Happ struggled once again, throwing just 4.0 innings and allowing five earned runs including two home runs. Happ struck out four batters, walked just two, and allowed only four hits. His record is now 10-8 on the season.
2) DH Mike Ford hit his fifth home run of the season, with a solo shot in the seventh inning. Ford ended the game going 3-for-4 from the plate, as it was his first career three-hit game.
3) Despite out-hitting the Athletics 11-7, the Yankees struggled to score with runners in position. They were 3-for-9 when runners were in scoring position, compared to the A's who went 1-for-4 with runners in scoring position.
4) Chad Green threw 3.0 innings of relief, giving up just two hits and one earned run. The RHP struck out two batters, but allowed a home run to Stephen Piscotty in the sixth inning.
5) Gio Urshela, Didi Gregorius, and Mike Tauchman all contributed two hits each on the night, as Tauchman led the group with two RBI.
The Yankees complete their three-game series with the Athletics on Thursday at 9:07 p.m. RHP Masahiro Tanaka (9-6, 4.56 ERA) faces RHP Tanner Roark (7-8, 4.01 ERA).