The Cardinals' offense was too potent for the Yankees on Thursday afternoon, as the Bombers fell 11-3 to St. Louis. >> Box Score
Things to know about Thursday's game...
1) Domingo German got the start today, and it was one he'd like to re-do. He allowed six hits -- three of them homers -- for a total five earned runs over 3.2 innings. He did strike out four hitters, but his ERA rose to 4.11.
2) Gleyber Torres had a good day at the plate unlike most of his team. He went 1-for-2 with a two-RBI double in the top of the third. His average this spring is just under .300. Miguel Andujar also went 1-for-3.
3) Once again, Clint Frazier found himself without a hit, going 0-for-3 while hitting in the three hole. His average dipped to .130, and these late spring performances are not helping his cause.
4) Dexter Fowler was the man for the Cardinals, as he crushed two homers in a 2-for-4 outing with three RBI. Miguel Ozuna also thrived today with a 3-for-3 line including a homer, two doubles, two RBI and three runs.
5) Gio Urshela was pretty productive for the Yankees, going 2-for-3 with a run scored. He's having a good spring, hitting .381 as he makes his case for the roster.
The Yankees take on the Cardinals on the road Thursday at 1:05 p.m.